Spend a few hours of tranquillity at the spa or try paddle boarding for the first time. From exhilarating water sports and enticing beachside restaurants and bars to a gorgeous quarter-mile stretch of beach, Bougainvillea Beach Resort invites you to do everything… or nothing all. Visit our Activities Desk for more information or to reserve offsite activities.
Onsite activities include:
- Pools and water sports
- Challenger Games Room
- Kids Club
- Adventureland playroom (12 and under)
- Kids playground - Outdoor fun, with swings, slide and tortoises and rabbits for petting.
- Beach Volleyball
- Giant chess
Offsite activities include:
- Aerial Trek Zipline - A zip lining experience through some of Barbados’ lush tropical rain forests
- Atlantis Submarines Barbados - This submarine adventure gives you an exciting tour of the Caribbean underworld.
- The Barbados Wildlife Reserve - The animal kingdom of Barbados! Stroll freely among animals in their environment. Here you can see agouti, armadillo, Brocket deer, pelicans, and caimans.
- Historic Bridgetown and its Garrison (A UNESCO Heritage Site) - Historic Bridgetown and its Garrison, an outstanding example of British colonial architecture consisting of a well-preserved old town built in the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries.
- Black Pearl Party Cruises - Take to the seas aboard the Jolly Roger! The Caribbean's premier pirate ship!
- Catamaran Cruises - An exciting 5 hour lunch cruise or sunset cruise with a great crew and strong rum punch! Snorkel the wrecks and with the majestic turtles!
- Deep sea Fishing - Join a day trip and reel one in – Maybe Blue Marlin, White Marlin, Sailfish, Wahoo, Barracuda, Mahi Mahi, Tuna or Swordfish!
- Golf - At the nearby Barbados Golf Club you can enjoy the beautiful and challenging 72 par, 18-hole championship course, redesigned by Ron Kirby, one of the most respected and experienced golf course architects in the world.
- Harrison's Cave - Striking in their grandeur and natural splendor, Harrison’s Cave is an attraction not to be missed!
- Horse Racing - There are 3 racing seasons per year, January to April; May to August and October to December. The biggest race on the calendar is the Gold Cup, which is an international thoroughbred horse race held on the first Saturday in March.
- Horseback riding - Ride along the unspoiled south eastern coastline of Barbados where views are simply spectacular and the atmosphere is remote and tranquil.
- Harbour Lights Dinner Show - A BBQ feast is served along with exotic Caribbean drinks in front of a show of fire eaters, stiltmen, and acrobats keep you at the edge of your seat.
- Island Safari - The Adventure Safari is a non-stop fun expedition taking you off the beaten track to the Eastern and Northeastern side of the island.
- Polo - The exciting season runs from from January – May, and is not to be missed!
- Scuba diving - With dives to suit beginners, experienced and certified divers, you can explore the reefs, shipwrecks and abundant marine life of underwater Barbados with PADI certified, highly experienced dive instructors.
- Car Hire - You can opt to explore on your own - just remember that we drive on the left! Pre-book or arrange during your stay.
Offsite activities may be booked at the Activities Desk or via email.
We are a proud member of Pack for a Purpose and supporter of Variety the Children's Charity of Barbados, which is dedicated to improving the lives of children who are mentally, physically or socially disadvantaged. Your trip can make a positive lasting impact on these children and their families; please consider saving a little space in your suitcase for a few supplies for children in need. Click here to learn more.